This weekend’s good weather and big meets led to a bunch of SGV area girls earning All-Area honors this week.
There are now eight All-SGV performers in the 800 & #3200, but no local girls have yet met the standard in the shot, and the long & triple jumps.
Here are the new 2019 Leaders as of this week (or previous leaders who improved their mark):
- 400: 58.57 – Christina Taylor (Sr, South Pas)
- 1600: 4:55.23 – Chloe Arriaga (Sr, Walnut)
- 3200: 10:33.46 – Audrey Suarez (So, Mayfield)
- 300H: 45.72 – Inaya Jumal (Sr, Monrovia)
- 4×100: 44.90 – Arcadia & Monrovia
- Discus: 132-00 – Nikki Escobar
- Blue Mark = SGV Top 50 All-Time Performance
The lists are here: 19 All SGV Girls 3-23
The All-San Gabriel Valley lists include athletes who have achieved a standard based on 98% of the 100th best mark in California the previous year.
You can view the 2019 SGV Standards here.
The 2019 standards reflect the small but general decline in the standards of our sport over the past 4-5 years. (For comparison, you can view the 2015 Standards here). And the SGV athletes have declined proportionately a little more, especially in the technical events. Here’s to hoping 2019 will reverse that trend!