In 2001, CPR`s parent company, Canadian Pacific Limited, relocated its five subsidiaries, including CPR, to independent companies. Most of the company`s non-railways were operating at the time of the spin-off by a separate subsidiary called Canadian Pacific Limited. In early 2007, the Canadian Railway officially (but not legally) reduced its name to Canadian Pacific and dropped the word “railway” to reflect greater operational flexibility. Shortly after the name change, Canadian Pacific announced that it was committed to becoming a major sponsor and logistics provider for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.  However, beginning in the 1960s, the railways began to disrupt much of their passenger transport, particularly on their secondary lines. For example, passenger transport through southern British Columbia and the Crowsnest Pass ended in January 1964 and on Central Quebec in April 1967, and the transcontinental train The Dominion was stopped in January 1966. On October 29, 1978, CP Rail transferred its passenger transportation to Via Rail, a new federal Crown company, which was now responsible for intercity passenger transportation in Canada. On January 15, 1990, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney led the major cuts to Via Rail traffic. This ended with the operation of The Canadian on the CPR tracks, and the train was diverted to the former Super Continental line via Canadian National without a name change. Where the two trains were every day before the January 15, 1990 cuts, the surviving Canadian was only three times a week. In October 2012, the Canadian was reduced to two weeks for the six-month off-season and currently works three times a week for only six months a year.
In addition to urban passenger transportation, the RPC also offered commuter trains in Montreal. CP Rail introduced the first double-decker car in Canada in 1970. On October 1, 1982, the Montreal Urban Community Transit Commission (STCUM) took over the commuter services previously provided by CP Rail. It continues under the Metropolitan Transportation Agency (MTA). [Citation required] With Macdonald`s return to power on October 16, 1878, a more aggressive construction policy was adopted. Macdonald confirmed that Port Moody would be the end point of the transcontinental railway and announced that the railway would follow the Fraser and Thompson rivers between Port Moody and Kamloops. In 1879, the federal government launched loans from London and tendered for the 206 km stretch of the Yale Railway line in British Columbia at Savonas Ferry on Kamloops Lake. The contract was awarded to Andrew Onderdonk, whose men began their activities on May 15, 1880. After the completion of this section, Onderdonk was awarded contracts for construction between Yale and Port Moody, as well as between Savonas Ferry and Eagle Pass.  The sleeper cars were operated by a separate service from the railway, which included meal and lounge cars, and was rightly called Sleeping Dining, Dining and Parlour Car Department.