The big Track & Field action on week seven was at the massive Arcadia Invitational. Two Claremont athletes turned in strong efforts in the 3200 to be our Athletes of the Week.
Senior Owen Bishop ran in what was probably the strongest boys 3200m race ever, with nine athletes under 8:50 and twenty-five under 9:00. Owen was just (!) 23rd in the race, but his time of 8:57.44 – a fifteen second PR, moves him to ninth on the All-Time San Gabriel Valley Performers list.
His senior teammate Annie Boos was 11th in the Girls Invitational 3200m and her time of 10:26.15 moves her to #6 All-Time SGV.
Annie just edged out Walnut soph Chloe Arriaga and Amari Prude (Bonita-11) for the week’s top honors.
These two were one of 11 boys and 32 girls marks that either exceded or improved on a pervious mark that met the All-SGV standards.
This was a strong week for All-Time SGV performances, with eight more making the list or improving their position:
- G200m/24.89 – Amari Prude (Bonita-11) – #37
- G400m/56.15 – Amari Prude (Bonita-11) – #18
- G3200m/10:34.20 – Chloe Arriaga (Walnut-10) – #8
- G3200m/10:38.62 – Trinity Ruelas (Bishop Amat-12) – #13
- G3200m/10:54.51 – McKenna Smith (Mayfield-10) – #26
- G3200m/10:56.68 – Sophie Gitlin (Flintridge Prep – 10) – #32
- G3200m/10:58.97 – Natalie O’Brien (Flintridge Prep-12) – #34
- G4x400 relay/3:56.85 – South Pasadena (Corey Segal, Gianna Beasley, Ashley Hugasian, Christina Taylor) – #39
You can download the latest All-SGV Lists Here: