Cross Country has improved relentlessly over the past ten years, and the huge field and great weather helped that process leaped forward at this year’s Mt.SAC Invitational.
The athletes of the San Gabriel Valley kept pace with this trend, with several high placings, and numerous school records. The top performance came from Lauren Justus (Sr – Glendora), whose 17:53 was the fastest SGV time since Jessica Nunez (South Hills) in 2007, and the fastest at the Invite since fellow Tartan Christy Adamyk her PR of 17:27 in 2005. Four other girls ran under 19:00 this year, most notably Marissa Scott (So – Bonita), whose 18:08 was the winning time in her Div. III heat. As a measure of the growing quality of our sport, 14th best in the SGV this year was 19:24, while last year 20:17 was 14th.
In a merge of all of the SGV teams, Claremont (75) reversed their order with Glendora (82) from the Div. I, II merge, with Bonita and South Hills both coming in with 94 points.
Top 14 Performers and Top Ten Teams after the jump.
ESGV Top 14 Performers – Mt.SAC Invite
- 17:53 Lauren Justus - Senior, Glendora
- 18:08 Marissa Scott - Soph, Bonita
- 18:50 Baily Sanin - Frosh, Claremont
- 18:52 Megan Renken - Frosh, Claremont
- 18:53 Lexie Jackson – Soph, Bonita
- 19:09 Alex Borunda – Junior, South Hills
- 19:10 Anna Trejo - Junior, Nogales
- 19:10 Mikayla Flores – Frosh, Bonita
- 19:13 Vianca Holguin - Senior, South Hills
- 19:15 Carly Lake - Junior, Charter Oak
- 19:17 Merin Arft - Frosh, Claremont
- 19:18 Monica Arteaga – Senior, South Hills
- 19:22 Miriam Jimenez - Senior, Baldwin Park
- 19:24 Courtney Conchola – Frosh, Rowland
- 19:24 Illiana Velazquez - Senior, Bishop Amat
Team Merge of All 23 Schools That Fielded Varsity Teams
- 75 Claremont
- 82 Glendora
- 94 Bonita
- 94 South Hills
- 209 Los Altos
- 226 Rowland
- 232 St. Lucy’s
- 232 Rosemead
- 238 West Covina
- 258 Arroyo