Week 5 saw our athletes compete on the two most important XC courses in California, Mt.SAC in Walnut and Woodward Park in Fresno. At Mt. SAC, in the San Gabriel Valley One on One Challenge, Bonita soph Marissa Scott scored a huge PR and the top SGV XC performance this year, while in the state-wide Clovis Invite at Woodward the Claremont boys reconfirmed their #1 State and CIF Div. II ranking with an excellent 5th place finish in the amazingly fast and deep Championship Race.
In Cluster meet action, the Mission Valley League held their first ever cluster meet with the expected Arroyo boys and Rosemead girls coming out top, while Glendora found out they’ll have two wait two more weeks to meet their new rivals when the Baseline League meet was canceled.
Weekly Top 10 Performers after the jump.
Top Ten Performers – Week 5: 10/9/10
Note: Cross Country is contested over a wide variety of surfaces, terrains, and distances, making it very difficult to compare performances. The list below attempts to account for those differences in ranking this week’s performances. Your mileage may vary.
- 15:21 Paul Ross (Sr-Claremont) – Clovis 5000m rolling
- 15:31 Henry Falotico (Sr-CHS) – Clovis
- 15:35 Anthony Castro (Sr-Glendora) – Clovis
- 16:01 Colin Domonoske (Sr-CHS) – Clovis
- 15:47 Nick Rivera (Jr-Rowland) – Mt.SAC, 2.93 miles, severe hills
- 15:51 David Galvez (So-RHS) – Mt.SAC
- 16:11 A.K. Metoyer (Sr-CHS) – Clovis
- 16:18 Austin Mendoza (Jr-GHS) – Clovis
- 15:59 Tom Ebiner (Jr-Damien) – Mt.SAC
- 16:04 James McCreary (Jr-Diamond Bar) – Mt.SAC
- 17:35 Marissa Scott (So-Bonita) – Mt.SAC, 2.93 miles, severe hills
- 18:26 Lauren Justus (Sr-Glendora) – Clovis 5000m rolling
- 19:03 Lexie Jackson (So-BHS) – Mt. SAC
- 19:29 Merin Arft (Fr-Claremont) – Clovis
- 19:05 Carly Lake (Jr-Charter Oak) – Mt. SAC
- 19:41 Megan Renken (Fr-CHS) – Clovis
- 19:17 Miriam Jimenez (Sr-Baldwin Park) – Mt. SAC
- 19:19 Courtney Conchola (Fr-Rowland) – Mt. SAC
- 19:48 Alex Borunda (Jr-South Hills) – Clovis
- 19:53 Vianca Holguin (Sr-SHHS) – Clovis