Most of the leagues wrapped up their league/cluster meet schedule last week. All of the others, except for the Montview League, will finish this week.
We’ll add results and brief coverage as it becomes available, and more extended coverage as photos and race notes are made available.
Tuesday, October 15th
Mission League – Crescenta Valley Park, La Crescenta
In the first meetÂ bothÂ Flintridge Sacred HeartÂ and their brother schoolÂ St. FrancisÂ finished in the top half, with TologÂ Lauren NettlesÂ finishing an impressive fifth. The Knights will need another good performance to stay in the CIF qualifying spots.
Boys Results:Â St. FrancisÂ had a bit of a rough day, falling from 4th in the first meet to 6th.Â Sean WilcoxÂ was best for the Knights in 18:16.
Girls Results:Â Flintridge Sacred HeartÂ moved from 2nd in meet 1 to win here, helped by Harvard Westlake resting two runners. Tolog juniorÂ Lauren NettlesÂ was 2nd/19:58
Baseline League – Bonelli Park, San Dimas
DamienÂ was 4th andÂ St. Lucy’s 5thÂ in the first Baseline Meet. The Spartans’ CIF chances increased when they received a CIF Ranking Monday, but a third place is in reach for both teams.
- Boys Results: The Spartans jumped up to second by putting three men in the top 10, led by by frosh Eric MartinezÂ who was 4th/16:42. They were also helped by league leaders Chino Hills resting several runners.
- Girls Results: The Regents were 5th again, and were a bit further away from 3rd from the first meet. FroshÂ Sarah GannÂ stepped up for the team’s top finish at 7th/20:14.
Horizon League #5 – Legg Lake Park, South El Monte
These girls race every week, and form has held each time, with the SGV’sÂ Ramona ConventÂ 2nd,Â AlvernoÂ 3rd, andÂ San Gabriel MissionÂ 6th.
- Girls Results:Â Ramona ConventÂ was a solid second again, let by a 4th/21:17 finish from froshÂ Emily Silva.Â AlvernoÂ backed up a bit but still held third, their best wasÂ Kate BolinÂ – 9th/22:32
Wednesday, October 17th
Almont League #2 – Legg Lake Park, South El Monte
SchurrÂ was the easy boys winners in the first meet, andÂ AlhambraÂ won the girls meet by an even bigger margin.Â MontebelloÂ andÂ Bell GardensÂ were 2/3 on both sides. Alhambra has the best chance to move into the top half in the boys race, andÂ San GabrielÂ will look to move up in the girls.
- Boys Results:Â MontebelloÂ were a distant 2nd toÂ SchurrÂ in the first meet, but the Oilers stepped up big to edge their cross-town rivals 48-49.Â Bell GardensÂ were 3rd again. Spartan sophÂ Armando MoralesÂ was the big winner again in 16:25, andÂ Jonathan MayaÂ (Sr, Montebello) in a big step up performance, was 2nd/16:53, improving three spots and 23 seconds from Meet 1.
- Girls Results:Â AlhambraÂ were the easy team winners again, but it wasÂ SchurrÂ that made the big move, improving by 32 points and three spots to finish second. Spartan seniorÂ Marai AtanacioÂ registered a clear 18:40 win over form Almont #1Â Serena DuenasÂ (Sr, Alhambra) who was 2nd/18:53. A lot of Schurr’s help came from froshÂ Berlyn MorenoÂ who moved up to the Varsity for the first time to finish 9th/20:40 – a 1:04 improvement from meet 1.Â Bell GardensÂ was 3rd, just ahead ofÂ Montebello.