The California Condors and Arcadia Apaches repeated as boys and girls team champions on a hot day at the 12th Annual SGV Championship meet.
Cal just edged out Glendora 52-47, finding over half their points from a 1-2-3-4 finish in the 3200, led by Angel Aguirre at 9:32.87
Arcadia, with a strong 107.5 points, was led by doubles from Lauren Buehner and Stephanie Yen. Lauren won the 400m, breaking her own meet record with a 57.00, and the 200, while Stephanie won the long jump, triple jump and a second in the 300 hurdles.
Chloe Arriaga (So, Walnut) was the girls Athlete of the Meet on the strength of her wins in the 3200m and 1600m. She ran 4:54.59 in the four lapper, just off the meet record and her best from earlier this year.
The male Athlete of the Meet went to the strongest individual performance of the meet. Damien’s Thomas Prata jumped 14-07 to win the pole vault, second best in meet history and #45= All-Time SGV.
There were two other Varsity Meet Records: Trinity Ruelas (Sr, Bishop Amat) 800m/2:16.67 and Taylor Crockem (Sr, Chino) Shot/41-08.25
There were 46 Performances that were among the Top 10 All-Time for the Meet (cf. the updated lists below)
There were a whole bunch of Meet Records in the Frosh/Soph Division as South Pasadena took both team championships. The new Record holders are
- Jenesis Sanford (So, Muir) 100m/12.44
- Jenesis Sanford (So, Muir) 200m/25.96
- Gianna Beasley (Fr, South Pas) 400/58.46
- Gianna Beasley (Fr, South Pas) 800/2:21.04
- Callie Gurthrie (So, Marshall) 1600/5:18.98
- South Pasadena 4×400 Relay/4:03.50
- Bishop Amat 4×100 Relay/44.55
- Arcadia 4×400 Relay/3:33.14
- Matthew Garcia (So, Chino) Pole Vault/13-07