This was a big weekend for SGV XC. Our schools registered six team wins and three individual wins
- theÂ Bishop AmatÂ girls won the Div. IV race at Stanford.
- Melanie MachÂ (Sr, Rosemead) won the Girls Varsity race at Perris Valley.
- TheÂ DamienÂ boys won the Boys Varsity race at Perris Valley.
- Joyce WuÂ (Arcadia) finished 2nd in the Div. 1 race at the Nike Portland XC classic, and the team, nearing full strength, was 5th. The boys finished 8th in the Championship race.
- Both the ClaremontÂ Boys and Girls win the big seeded races at the Stanford Invite.
- TheÂ BonitaÂ boys were the winners of theÂ Brea Invitational.
- Lily MillerÂ (So, Webb) won the White Varsity Division race at the Bellarmine-Sacred Heart Invite.
- Ellaney MatareseÂ won the girls Varsity race at Staub-Barnes and led La Canada to the team win.
We will expand our coverage as photos and more details become available.
Stanford Invitational (Stanford Golf Course)
Staub/Barnes InvitationalÂ (Crescenta Valley Park)
Brea InvitationalÂ (Carbon Canyon Park – Brea)
- Lorelei Claxton (Jr, Bonita) was 4th/19:21 for three miles in the race that matched up each team’s number one and two runners.Â Ivanna Chagolla (Sr, St. Lucy’s) was 11th/20:08
- Nick Acosta andÂ Daniel Echeveste were 6th/16:30 and 11th/16:41 forÂ BonitaÂ in the boys 1-2 race.
- TheÂ BonitaÂ girls finished 3th overall in the merge of all the results, beating Santiago, ranked in Div. 1 and the D3 hosts Brea-Olinda.Â St. Lucy’sÂ also had a strong day and finished 8th overall.
- Other girls finishes:Â St. Paul-13th,Â El Rancho-16th andÂ El Monte-26th.Â Baldwin Park,Â Cantwell-SHM,Â Los Altos,Â West CovinaÂ andÂ Southlands ChristianÂ competed by did not have five runners finish.
- The CIF-SS Div. 3 #10Â BonitaÂ boys were breakthrough winners, defeating the higher ranked host team with what were probably three life-time best performances in the first five.Â Los AltosÂ andÂ El Rancho alsoÂ had their best days of the season, finishing 6th and 8th respectively.
- Here’s aÂ Milesplit Interview with Bonita’s #3Â Connor Henning
- Other boys finishes:Â Â El Monte-16th,Â St. Paul-17th,Â West Covina-25th,Â Baldwin Park-31st.Â Cantwell-SHMÂ andÂ Southlands ChristianÂ competed but did not have five runners finish.
Bellarmine-Sacred Heart Invitational (Griffith Park – Los Angeles)
- Serena DuenasÂ (Alhambra) finished 2nd/18:45 in the top Varsity race and, along withÂ Alyssa RomeroÂ 11th/19:35, led the Moors to a third place finish on this super-hilly course.Â Mark KeppelÂ was 20th.
- Lily MillerÂ won the White Div. race in 18:32 to leadÂ WebbÂ to a third place finish.Â Olivia RuizÂ was 6th/20:06.Â WestridgeÂ was 4th andÂ Mountain ViewÂ 15th. Here’s a Runnerspace interview with Lily.
- Daniel PiesikÂ (La Salle) was 9th/16:45 in the boys White Div. race.Â WebbÂ was 7th andÂ San MarinoÂ 19th.
- Jesus IslasÂ (Montebello) – 30th/17:02 was the top SGV finisher in the boys Red Div. race, and the Oilers’ at 11th were the top local team.Â AlhambraÂ was 22ndÂ andÂ Mark KeppelÂ was 23rd.
Perris Valley XC ShowdownÂ (Lake Perris SRA – Moreno Valley)
- RosemeadÂ Melanie MachÂ won the Girls Varsity race in 16:53 on this 2.6 mile course! The Panthers were 2nd in the team competition, andÂ BassettÂ was 11th.
- Danny EbinerÂ (So, Damien) was 4th/14:13 and senior teammateÂ Trevor Goodenough 6th/14:17 in the Boys Varsity race, leading their team to the win.Â RosemeadÂ was 8th.